There’s a new toy that G and I have added to our Christmas list (yes, we know it’s July,). On July 24, Elgato announced the arrival of the newer, smaller and more affordable Stream Deck Mini. This is the smaller sister to the Elgato Stream Deck that was released in May 2017. But what is it?
The Elgato Stream Deck Mini is a way for streamers to create even better content during their live broadcasts. It makes it really easy to increase the production quality that was once only available to professional broadcasters with big budgets and skills to play with. Now, for less than 90 quid any streamer can instantly change scenes, launch or close media, post on social media and a whole host of other things with just a click of an assigned key. The Stream Deck Mini has six keys, each one can be customised to do what you want it to do using the included software. The key features to get excited about are:
- Customise the LCD keys, press the keys and have instant visual feedback on the stream
- Drag and drop the actions onto the keys, it really is as simple as that. There are ready-made icons or you can go the extra mile and make your own
- Stream Deck Mini integrates perfectly with platforms and tools that are used by streamers, including Twitch, Mixer, Streamlabs, OBS, X-Split, YouTube, Twitter and more
- Use images, GIFs, videos and soundbites in your streams
- Assign multiple tasks to single keys to launch simultaneously or at timed intervals
The compact design of the new mini is welcomed by myself and I’m sure many other streamers who have limited desk space available. The more affordable price is also appreciated, making it easy for streamers of all sizes to have the opportunity to improve their own content. Nice one, Elgato, can’t wait to own one. Currently, the Mini is available on Amazon for only £89.95.