One of the reasons I decided to get back into personal blogging is to break free of the constraints of my everyday work. While I do enjoy what I do immensely sometimes I have the urge to write freely, to put my views across and to simply let my fingers scatter merrily across the keyboard to see what comes out.
Having had a bit of a think about where I want to take this blog I have decided to create Grateful Friday. Too many of us are heavily involved in the negative side of life (especially when each day is a bit of an uphill struggle due to anxieties, phobias or depression). Letting go of that negativity, even for a short time, can do wonders for the mental state and at least put things slightly into perspective. So here is my grateful Friday list of things that I have enjoyed or appreciated this week.
- Snapchat – My daughter made me download Snapchat this week as she has disabled her Facebook account. We have had some great fun sharing stupid photos together already. Now I have to convert my friends to the app.
- Orchids – The plant we thought was dead a few months back has sprung into life, brightening the kitchen and giving us something beautiful to look at while the rain falls.
- Game of Thrones – it wasn’t on this week and it has been missed. What an incredible show it is, can’t wait for next Monday!
- Kindle Paperwhite – Recently I have been taking the weekends off, and this week I had a bank Holiday too. I read pretty much the whole time and my Kindle Paperwhite has to be one of the best purchases I have made in the last six months or so.
- Half Term – No alarms, plenty of mother daughter bonding time and no school traffic outside my window.
Why not join me, listing five things each Friday that you are grateful for. It’s a great excuse to buy a new notepad and pen if nothing else! What are you grateful for this week?