PlayStation In Force at EGX 2018 (but no Xbox?)
Finally, EGX announced all the PlayStation titles that we can expect to see at this year’s show at the NEC. There are only a few days left to wait and not that many tickets left, so what do PlayStation have to play, and should you buy a ticket?
PlayStation Bringing Their A Game
Okay, so in all honesty, the PlayStation AAA’s aren’t that exciting in all honesty, but at least they are there! In all the years I’ve attended I’ve never been let down by PlayStation. They have a dominating presence (especially in 2017) and they provide plenty of games to play. This year you’ll be able to play:
- Dreams – described as an open ended experience letting you make anything, with endless possibilities. I’ll be honest, I’ve not heard anything about Dreams, but I’ll be sure to check it out.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – The game EVERYONE is talking about and playing at the minute. If you’ve been holding off buying Spider-Man you’ll now have the chance to get your hands on it and check it out. We haven’t bought it yet simply because we feel our old PS4 and non 4K tv won’t do the game justice. Therefore, we shall be queuing to have a go even though it was released recently.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Predictable for sure but it’s a good opportunity for anyone who can’t join in with the open beta this weekend to have a go. We’ve already played the beta and have to admit that it’s a lot of fun, although it did look a bit ropey and almost NES like on the PC at times!
- FIFA 19 – Bleh as far as I’m concerned….
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy – Perhaps the most exciting title to be announced from PlayStation. Spyro has returned and he’s been upscaled to meet with modern day expectation. This game will be released in November 2018, so having a hands on before release is always a good thing.
PlayStation also have a good VR collection that includes: Tetris Effect, Beat Saber, WipEout Omega Collection, Blood and Truth and Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.
So there you have it, not a bad turn out especially considering there’s not much on the immediate horizon right now. At least they are showing up with what they do have unlike Xbox who are nowhere to be seen on the show floor. What do you think? If you need a ticket you can buy them directly from EGX (always the safest bet).