Sometimes it’s difficult to be your own best friend, but if you can master this skill your life will be better for it. If you’re in a bit of a self-slump here are a few tips to get you back on the self-loving track.
- Stop with the cheapo hate filled gossip mags and newspapers. They thrive on negativity and our own self-doubts, encouraging the judgement of others. Just put the magazine down, nastiness has no place in your heart.
- Use positive affirmations daily. Write uplifting quotes and sentences in a private diary, on your Facebook wall, as Tweets or on your mirror. Take the time to study and repeat the words for a few moments to let them seep into your soul.
- Get comfortable with your body, every inch of it. It’s good to look at yourself naked in the mirror, to feel your skin and to love what you see. Treat it with respect, explore and have fun.
- Think about food in a new way. Don’t count the calories, don’t deny yourself the treats that you love, but do remember the goodness your body requires and feed yourself what you need to remain strong, healthy and looking fabulous.
- Don’t let negative thoughts take over. When you notice any negative thoughts about your appearance, capabilities or personality creeping in stop those thoughts in their tracks. Replace the negative thoughts with something positive instead. This is something to apply to thoughts you have about others too. Seek out positive thoughts, over time they will be easier for you to find.
- Learn who you really are, not what society expects you to be. What makes us all beautiful is our individuality.
Falling in love with yourself and being the best friend you can possibly be to yourself, the one you truly deserve, might not come easy but it will come. Practice, be determined and when you fall off course jump right back on again.