A few weeks back I announced to the world that I was banishing the bulge. My aim was to trim off the wobbly bits to be left only with the healthy curves that make me feel all woman. I thought I would give you a quick update on this mission and share the experience so far.
It’s been around six weeks (fastest six weeks ever!) and I’ve lost about six pounds, not moving mountains but going in the right direction. At one point I had lost around 11lbs but I put some back on over my birthday weekend. The changes I’ve made are:
- Not eating a bar of chocolate for pudding each day – I still have about two or three a week though.
- Drinking chamomile tea instead of my usual cup with milk and sugar.
- Eating smaller portions. I haven’t really changed the food I am eating, but there hasn’t been many processed foods on the menu.
- I’ve had three or four take outs! Two were over my birthday weekend.
- I’ve exercised more. In the past four weeks I’ve been pushing myself to get out and about more often. There have been long walks, quick sprints (by sprints I mean fast walking – if you see me running that means my life is in danger!) up town (two miles uphill) and even some exercises targeting my stomach and my butt.
Now I am considering giving up sugar. I adore sugar, I feel I need it but I know I don’t, it’s just an addiction. This is new territory to me and I am terrified but also interested to see if it would help reduce my anxiety as well as improve my skin and perhaps help me to lose the remaining 7 or 8lb’s I am looking to get rid of. So I am asking you fellow readers, have you ever quit sugar? Do you have any tips to share with me? Please leave a comment below or tweet @Reclusivefox with your insights into life without sugar.